Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quick Breakfast...

Well, I was going to introduce you to the rest of the team today, but it has been a very busy day and I ran out of time. Today was restaurant deliveries to Charlottesville, the Charlottesville buying club, we butchered poultry this morning and put together the Takoma Park, Kensington and Potomac orders. Needless to say, things were hopping here at the farm and on the road! So, instead of the introductions, I thought that I would share my favorite on-the-go breakfast with you all - Homemade Eggnog. (No, it's not just for Christmas time)
Get out your blender and let's make some eggnog!
You will need:
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 wonderful Polyface eggs (I use medium or large, depends on what is in plenty)
  • 2 Tbsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup sugar (or honey or maple syrup or fresh fruit, we've used them all)

Pour all of this into your blender and mix. We like to add a couple of ice cubes at the end and then crush them in the blender to get it really cold and creamy. Then drink up and make another batch, because if you are like we are, one just won't be enough!

Some other options are to add a banana, or yogurt, or strawberries. Sometimes, I'll add a little nutmeg or cinnamon - just depends on the mood for the day. We love to mix and match things. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering...no, I didn't leave anything out - I don't cook the eggs before I use them. If I were using eggs from the grocery store, you couldn't pay me enough to drink them raw, but the wonderful eggs from Polyface are great! We've been making this eggnog for years and never had any problems.

So, what do you think? Yummy?

4 comments:

wendy gray said...

YUM!! I can't wait to try this!!!

tamzin said...

Sounds delicious and easy. Is this a single serving? It probably provides a great dose of Omega-3s from your eggs.

Sheri said...

I would say it makes about 3 full size servings.

Joel said...

This is SO good!!! If you double it, don't use as much maple syrup. Better yet, don't double it; most blenders aren't big enough! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...