Thursday, January 15, 2009

Polyface Eggs really are the best!

For those of you who have recently joined the buying clubs, you might not have seen this study done on Polyface eggs. The Study was conducted by The Mother Earth News Magazine at a lab in Seattle and was publicized Oct/Nov 2007 in the magazine.

The below compares Polyface Eggs with the USDA standard egg:

Polyface Farm vitamin E: 7.37 mg
USDA vitamin E: 0.97 mg

Vitamin A: 763 IU
USDA vitamin A: 487 IU

Beta carotene: 76.2 mcg
USDA beta carotene: 10 mcg

Folate: 10200 mcg
USDA folate: 47 mcg

Omega-3s: 0.71 g
USDA omega-3s: 0.033g

Cholesterol: 292 mg
USDA cholesterol: 423 mg

Saturated Fat: 2.31 g
USDA saturated fat: 3.1 g

Amazing? Yeah, we think so too. This shows what happens when you let the animals express themselves and raise them the way the Creator intended. I'm sure you have heard (or will hear) Joel talk about the "chickeness of a chicken" or the "pigness of a pig". Here's scientific proof that it is not only healthier for the animals but for us as well!

A quick testimonial - when I was pregnant with Lauryn last year, I was having a really hard time keeping pre-natal vitamins down. I was just too sick and they just seemed to add to the troubles. I took a copy of this article to my doctor. She looked at it and said, "Throw the vitamins in the trash and eat the eggs! This is abolutely amazing! Where can I buy them?"

What do you think?

4 comments:

Going Crunchy said...

Very interesting!

dailyhike said...

This is great! I am assuming that if someone fenced in their chickens (like a run) around a coop, the eggs would end up like the USDA eggs.

Polyface eggs are like this bc the chickens eat grass and bugs and are truly free-range. Not to mention the attention to pasture management.

Sheri said...

Yes indeed, dailyhike, Polyface chickens are truly free-range.

Sabrina said...

I love this! We pasture range our own chickens, and when I was pregnant, my Dr. told me that my nutrition blood tests results were the best she had ever seen for a pregnant woman. I completely attribute it to having 2 eggs every morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...