Monday, June 15, 2009

Fresh now available through Polyface!


FRESH documentary producer Ana Joanes has given Polyface a special a pre-release offer of the DVD for a mere $15. It will not be available elsewhere, except at Growing Power, for at least a couple of months.
If you need a copy shipped by mail to you or a friend, please mail us a check for $18 to cover shipping & handling fees. Be sure to include your shipping address.

One of the reasons the Salatins appreciate this film is because it truly captures the spirit and joy of Polyface. We think anyone who wants to feel great about participating in the local and heritage food revolution will love to see this documentary and share it with friends. We're offering you a headstart on being able to see and enjoy this wonderful film. Go for it!

Excerpt from the back cover:

FRESH celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet.

FRESH addresses an ethos that has been sweeping the nation and is a call to action America has been waiting for.

Have you seen it already? What was your thoughts on the movie? Leave a comment and let us know.

1 comment:

Tish said...

I came to the DC premier with my husband and daughter and a friend. I found it very inspiring. With so much of our food coming from sources that I want to run from, it's good to know that there are a growing number of food sources to run to.

My denomination has put out a nation-wide call to practice ethical eating. A lot of us in my church are working together to support community-sourced food. The day after I saw FRESH I sent my personal review to the women's community ministry at my church. We've been waiting to hear that FRESH is available for group viewing and discussion. As soon as I send you my check, I'll be emailing Ana Joanes's production company for permission to host a group viewing. The more families we can bring on board the better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...