Submitted by Serena Hicks (Midlothian Buying Club)2 c bulghar wheat
5 c boiling water
1 lb ground beef
2 tsp cumin
1 onion, chopped fine
salt and pepper to taste
- Soak bulghar in boiling water. let sit 30 minutes or so. Squeeze out excess water.
- Mix together ground beef, onion, cumin, salt and pepper. Add bulghar and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture in shallow, oiled baking pan (I used a lipped cookie sheet). Score the top to make diamond pattern.
- Bake in 350F oven 25 minutes or so, until knife inserted in meat comes out clean.
- Broil to brown top, if desired. Serve with yogurt-sesame sauce.
Yogurt Sesame sauce
1 c plain yogurt
1/4 c tahini
1-2 TBSP lemon juice
Salt to taste
Combine ingredients. Check seasoning. Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving.