Friday, March 25, 2011

The Rain Clouds of Life


     You have heard it said, "A picture is worth a thousand words."  That may be true and on the farm, muddy boots are a sign of tasks accomplished even when the weather isn't cooperating.  This is when our dreams don work clothes to become a reality.

     It's not always easy being a farmer. There are days when life's rain and mud threaten to overtake your knee-high boots.  Keep on trudging. Stay focused on the task at hand. Your words echo with the ping, ping of the rain hitting the barn roof.

     Rainy days are the hardest. but they are needed to help things grow. Without the rain, the grass would shrivel and die. The animals would go hungry, the garden would perish and eventually, so would we.

     Without the rains of life, where would we be? If everything were easy, would we grow?  Would we learn to persevere? To keep on trudging?

    You see, it's all in how you view your challenges. Do you let them beat you down, never to surface? Or do you pull on your boots and wade on.

    Finding joy in the midst of struggle. This is what life is all about. For me, it's my faith in Jesus Christ. I know that He will pull me through whatever rain cloud comes my way. He doesn't promise me an easy road, but He does promise to walk beside me. He promises to bring me to the other side, wherever that might be. When the winds of life batter against me, He is my anchor.


   What rain cloud do you have in your life right now? What are you doing to don your boots? What anchor keeps you from being washed down the raging river?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said.

Jessica R. Patch said...

Sheri, what an encouraging post and beautifully written! I feel like I'm slippin on my waders every day as I trudge through the journey to publication. God is faithful and as you so wonderfully stated...my anchor. :)

TheBeasKnees said...

Great post! Couldn't have said it all better myself! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

I felt very identified, conected to what you wrote...
This whole thing related to rain clouds remind me a lot to the time I've spent in Argentina. I've been a month living in my best friend Buenos Aires apartment. She's living there because of her job, and well..... My days there are resumed here in your words, thanks =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...