Last week I introduced Daphne and Vinay and promised to post some of the delicious recipes Vinay has been preparing for us. It's terrible satisfying to come in from early morning chores and have this porridge waiting for us. Of course we add a few of our pastured raised eggs,homemade sourdough bread with local honey and butter and local raw milk which comes from BriarPatch Farm.
Here's a simple but nurturing delight!The spices make all the difference in the world. Enjoy!
International Breakfast Porridge
- Soak the 1/2lb quinoa overnight.- Cook the quinoa with 1 portion of quinoa to 2 portions of water (or as liquid you want to make it).
- Add 4 pods of Cardamom, 4 Cloves and 1/2 inch of Cinnamon (it is better to use the real Cinnamon, not Cassia).
- Bring it to boil and then slow cook until it becomes quite mushy.
- If desired, you can add raisins and chopped walnuts and cook for a few minutes.
- Add milk just before serving
- Before serving, add a tablespoon of butter and honey/brown sugar or maple syrup.