Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring Fever!!



My post will be short and sweet today because it's already so beautiful outside and I have the day off to take advantage of it! Maddie and I are going to spend the day planting our kitchen herb garden in the window boxes outside our kitchen windows! All we'll have to do is open the window and pick fresh basil, cilantro, garlic and other yummy herbs! We're also going to PICK STRAWBERRIES at a local farm! I can't believe they're here so soon! We can't wait to have fresh strawberries to make jam and pies with for the local farmers market we do on Friday nights! After all of this I hope to end the day on the porch with Polyface hot dogs and burgers on the grill, a fresh spinach and strawberry salad, fresh squeezed lemonade and a stack of gardening and cook books to browse through! Spring has sprung!!
 



   Fresh strawberries from our local farmers market!




      Fresh spinach from Polyface gardens!!                

2 comments:

Jean said...

Thanks for the strawberry update! Just called my favorite patch and they are open!! :)

Kristin said...

Yum strawberry and spinach salad!! I may have to add that to our menu today :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...