Thursday, June 2, 2011

At the End of the Day

(sigh).

Some days are just like this. Yesterday was classic - it was good and hard, long and productive.

It's real.

Real life isn't always picture perfect. There are moments that you wonder if it can get any worse. There are times when you are weary and worn out, but you keep pushing because you're the only one to get the job done. And there are times when you laugh so hard your sides hurt, or the praises of a job well done make your day that much brighter.

At the end of the day, it's about being thankful for a good day's work. Yes, you might be sore and tired, thirsty and in need of a good shower, but you can know you did your best and put in a full day of honest-to-goodness hard work. I have to remind myself of this, too. It's important to remember that what we do every day isn't just work - it's creating our lives, who we are.

Last night I had a lot weighing on my mind, so I sat out in the yard and looked at the stars for a while. It was so restful, and helped me to put some things into perspective. I thought about the work we do every day, the good times and tough times. It's so real.

Remember to take time to gaze at the stars. Smile at daisies. Take in a young calf nursing it's mama, or a sunset that takes your breath away. Broiler pens marching across the pasture in the morning sunlight, or the smell of fresh-cut hay. A meal shared with friends.

It's the simple, little moments that make it all worth it to me. What about you? What are your thoughts on work and making time for resting, relaxing, or making memories?



4 comments:

Wendy said...

Sweet little Kristen....you're an inspiration to us all!!! I love you to pieces!!!! xoxoxo

Sheri said...

Love your post this morning. Gave me goosebumps :o) Love you even more!

Jonelle said...

Sweet--I love it! Brings it all into perspective.

Jamie said...

Watching my babies sleep always makes me feel better after a long, stressful day. They are little miracles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...