Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Reading....

I've decided to turn off my tv for the summer and READ! I keep telling my daughter how important it is and how fun it can be so I've decided to take my own advice and practice what I preach! My friend Jill introduced me to a fun website called "Pinterest".... http://pinterest.com/about/ - it's a great way to organize your favorite websites, blogs, online stores or for me - my summer reading list! Anytime I come across a book that looks interesting I can "pin" it and keep up with my list! I thought I would share a few of my picks with you...and you can do the same! There's nothing better than curling up on the porch with a good book at the end of the day!!


Here's a list of all my books so far ....... http://pinterest.com/wendygray/pins/





         

7 comments:

Natalee DeHart said...

I just read The Dirty Life and LOVED it! It has helped me want to do more local consumption, and we also blogged about it on our site as well... www.goodcleanfunlife.com

Lani said...

I love Pinterest! I haven't been putting my books on there--great idea! I'm waiting on Made From Scratch at the Staunton library. Looking forward to reading it. I've also made a point to read more this summer. There's nothing much on TV anyway!

Anonymous said...

I am just finishing up "The Dirty Life" now, and am really enjoying the descriptive writing. The way the author talks about food....YUM!

Cathy said...

Uh oh...all the time you gained by turning off your tv will be sucked up by Pinterest :). Love it! I also love Goodreads for keeping track of books. Your friends can see what you are reading and you can read their reviews too. You make make lists of To-read books as well.

V.R. Leavitt said...

Very cool!! Pinterest looks fun! Have you also checked out Goodreads.com It's a great way to keep track of books you've read or want to read. I don't work for them or anything, just like the site. :-) have fun with your summer reading!

The Fifth Street Mama said...

Ohh I think I will be adding most of these to my summer reading list as well.

Sheri said...

Great idea! I'll have to check it out. You find the neatest things. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...